Thursday, November 02, 2006

The last few days...

Well my last few days were quite full... and I'm not referring to joy and happiness. It was quite a busy week. On Monday I worked pretty much all day on a project, so that on Tuesday to be able to start a new one. Well I couldn't do that properly as my computer went nuts... again! This time it just wouldn't let me work. So I decided to reinstall the whole thing, including operating system and the all the other software. I realized once again how much I hate doing this. I always preferred doing this for anyone else than for myself. It generally takes me a whole day to install everything. It is a long, boring, disturbing process.
Anyway, while waiting for Windows to install, I decided that I feel like eating. Yeah, when I'm either very bored or pissed I eat. :P I sound like a woman, huh? :)) So I went to this store, which is a bit larger, hoping that they will accept visa, because I was really low on cash. I searched carefully on the door for a VISA stick. Nothing. But there were like ten different companies promoting their product while saying "PUSH". I always believed once is enough, but the manager of the store thinks obviously different so I thought "once a redneck, always a redneck". I went inside and looked by the cash desk for a POS. There it was! Feeling much better I went on adding products to my cart, but still bearing in mind the fact that it might not work or something... Got in front of the lady at the counter and showed her my card. She looked at me, like I put a gun to her head and said nothing. I asked: "Do you accept cards?" so she answered: "Errrr... we don't". And I come again: "But isn't that a POS? Shouldn't you accept visa if you have a POS? Why else would you have one?" "Well it's out of service..."
I think to my self... "GREAT!" now I hope I have enough money so I wouldn't make a total fool of myself. She asks for 11.6 RON and I hand her 12. She looks at me and says... I don't have change to give you. I guess I turned all red that instant. "Then why the hell don't you accept VISA? If you don't want to care about cash, just take the damn card!" Then, all embarrassed, she looked at me and said: "Actually, I don't know how to operate this machine. It's new!". I just grab my stuff and left... while thinking "once a redneck, always a redneck". What kind of stupid manager pays for a POS and then doesn't inform his stuff on how to use it?
Not long after that I got back to the office, my operating system installation was over. I was quite happy to see things are moving faster and everything is new, when the f***ing thing crashed again. I went nuts. I went on installing other things but now I regret I did that. I should have started from the scratch again. I just want to finish this article now, so I could reinstall it again.
But before restarting, I want to tell you something else. Yesterday was a very busy day, as I had to run around to all my clients to deliver the invoices for last month and also fix up everything they fuck up. Adi, my team mate, was so tired and mad at the end of the day I couldn't believe it. It was a tough day for him also. Anyway, at a certain moment I had to go home and drop some things for my father, and there I had a really strange surprise. As I entered the courtyard, I noticed that one of the guys working on the exterior wall, was wearing an AIESEC blouse. First I thought I don't see well, but when I looked closer I realized it was MY blouse. I was wondering how the hell he got it? But being in a rush and not really in the mood for a show, I just left the place, thinking that maybe my father give it to them for some reason. Just in the evening, when I got finally home, I found out that the blouse was somewhere laying around (yeah, I left it there), and that the dork just took it. I went nuts. How did he dare doing something like that? I went out to see if he at least left it somewhere. Nope! He took it home. My blood pressure rose again. That's stealing. I just couldn't believe that an unqualified worker would just take something like that, use it all day and then take it home. Today, in the morning, when I questioned the guy about the blouse, he told me that he didn't think it was mine and that he was cold. He brought it back today. I was sincerely shocked by this impudence. What I want to say is that you just can't trust people these days. Especially people in construction business. :(
Now, in the end, I want to say that I got an answer regarding my DO-IT application for facilitator in Switzerland, and it was a negative. Though I'm sad about it, I'm sure they made the right choice and I totally believe it's for the best. :) Thanks to all of you that supported me with this. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chiara's wonderful world said...

Hey Seb!

Too bad they didn't make you a faci for Do-It!
You would have been great for sure!

I'm glad you went home that evening...otherwise you would have never know what happened to you AIESEC shirt.

Hugs!

November 06, 2006 10:04 pm  
Blogger Sebastian said...

Thank you, Chiara. I really appreciate your support. I'm sure though that it will be a much more useful experience for an AIESEC member than for myself and I'm also sure that it will be a great conference, even without me. :))))

Hugs from cold Romania :)

November 06, 2006 10:57 pm  
Blogger Matt said...

POS means "Piece of Shit" right?

Probably not, but it makes it much funnier reading this part. Hahaha!

I went inside and looked by the cash desk for a POS. There it was! Feeling much better I went on adding products to my cart, but still bearing in mind the fact that it might not work or something... Got in front of the lady at the counter and showed her my card. She looked at me, like I put a gun to her head and said nothing. I asked: "Do you accept cards?" so she answered: "Errrr... we don't". And I come again: "But isn't that a POS? Shouldn't you accept visa if you have a POS? Why else would you have one?" "Well it's out of service..."

April 19, 2007 9:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home