Monday, October 09, 2006

Understanding versus Memorizing...

I remember when I was a little kid, back in the elementary school, I always used to get big grades and be among the favorites in the class/school. Then, as I grew up, my interest for studying diminished more and more. I used to be pasionate about some subjects, while the others I left totally aside. Therefore, I started gathering smaller grades as well. As I grew up to be a young high-school student, the time that I used studying for school got shorter and shorter. Even so, I always managed to pass years and get not-so-bad grades, while others used to fail or get poor grades even so, they might sometimes, study even less than I did.
Well now I realize that my advantage was always the fact that I wasn't trying to memorize anything. Actually I always hated memorizing. I always searched for the logical, understandable, part of subjects. This is why I strongly recommend this to anyone that, like myself, are not really keen on filling up memory space with school garbage.
I was surfing the web today and I came across this really interesting blog, agrees with this in a quite elaborate way. Feel free to read more ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home