Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hard labour... not really my thing...

Today I had to move 4 cube meters of planks from the ground level to the 1st floor... If you can't imagine how much is this quantity... well... I'll tell you... A LOT. We've worked like slaves to take those things up. Initially was just me and my father... that would have been killing. Luckily we had the help of two other people. One of them was Relu, who really helped me a lot. Him and I were supposed to lift the planks up and my father and Dan, the other guy, were taking them, pulling them up and then arranging them in a pile...
If you think of it better, it's not that much, but really exhausting especially after a long night out (yesterday), a few hours of sleep, and a hard day at work. And what's worse each one of them was quite heavy and all full of sawdust... So we had to protect our eyes. I've got my swimming gear out and used it. It was so funny really. Besides the fact we looked like dorks, it was also really unconfortable. Even so, there was no other way. Tomorrow I'll go buy some really gear for this type of work, just to be on the safe side in the future. You can see in the picture how we both looked when we were done. I think I had sawdust in any pocket, cloth layer or on any part of my body. Nasty thing. But the good, cold Tuborg after was a delight. It always is. Also the laughs and fun was great. It's always great to spend time with your best friend... no matter what you're doing. So thank you, my friend, for the help and especially for the great moments... I couldn't have done it without you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really funny guys! :)
Sorry for not being there by your side (more for encouriging than pushing that wood) ;)
but next time, just let me know and i will come and help.

Kisses dear

October 05, 2006 12:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home